On Thursday June 18, 2009 the Muskoka Watershed Council and the Muskoka Heritage Foundation hosted a panel of three speakers at the Algonquin Theatre in Huntsville to discuss:
- Principles for visitor and tourism management
- Best practices for ecotourism
- Opportunities for Muskoka Tourism operators
- How we can showcase Our Muskoka
The panel members were:
- Paul Eagles – a professor at the University of Waterloo and an environmental planner with a broad interest in the application of applied ecology and planning theory to environmental conservation.
- Robin Tapley – the creator and driving force behind Nature Trails, a soft wilderness nature adventure program designed to introduce people to the natural beauty and wildlife of Muskoka.
- Ella Kokotsis – Director of Analytical Studies for the University of Toronto G8 Research Group. She served on the National Round Table on the Environment and the Economy’s Task Force on Foreign Policy and Sustainability in preparation for the 1995 G7 Halifax Summit.