Muskoka Watershed Council hosts Environmental Lectures designed to stimulate discussion on issues important to watershed health.
Since 2008, MWC has organized lectures and held them in various parts of the watershed. Admission for each lecture is by donation.
Resources for previous lectures are available below.
- Going Batty with the Muskoka Bat Collective.
- 2018 Muskoka Summit on the Environment: Restoring Our Relationship with the Natural World
- Release of the 2018 Muskoka Watershed Report Card
- Implementing Low Impact Development (LID) in the Lake Simcoe Watershed: Progress, lessons learned and applicability to Muskoka watershed by Dr. Ben Longstaff
- Shaped by the Shield: Environment, Identity, and History in Muskoka by Dr. Andrew Watson
- Getting to the other side: How did the salamander cross the road? by David LeGros
- Guided Walk & Talk: Forests and Climate Change by Mike Peppard and Gareth Cockwell
- Planning for Climate Change in Muskoka by Dr. Peter Sale – presented at several locations across the watershed throughout the summer.
- Taking to the Water: Personal and Group Exploration by Steve Cairns
- Start at the Bottom: What bottom-dwelling bugs can tell us about lake & stream condition by Chris Jones
- Water fleas, big data and 21st century technology: Case studies in Muskoka and Sudbury point the way to saving the world by Dr. John Kenneth Colbourne
- Long-term changes in phosphorus in the Muskoka area lakes: Possible drivers by Dr. Cathy Eimers
- Aliens amongst us: Are we prepared for the invaders? by Andrea Smith
- Wondrous Muskoka: Our environment is far more than our economy by Dr. Peter F Sale
- Environmental Good News Stories by Dr. Norman D Yan
- Heard a Whip-poor-will lately? Stewarding Muskoka in a time of change by Dr. Peter F Sale
- Timber Harvesting and the Health of our Lakes: The Calcium Story by Dr. Shaun Watmough
- Changes in Our Lakes by Dr. Michelle Palmer
- Ecosystem Services by Eric Miller
- Research in Muskoka’s Lakes by DESC Scientists
- Climate Change Adaptation by Linda Mortsch
- Ecotourism & the G8 – Panel Discussion
- Algae & Our Lakes by Dr. Andrew Paterson
- Muskoka’s Water Quality by Dr. Keith Somers