Job Posting: Shoreline Assessment Technician
Muskoka Love Your Lake Program
Muskoka Watershed Council is seeking a highly motivated student to help deliver the Love Your Lake shoreline stewardship program on a variety of lakes in Muskoka this summer.
Start Date: 4 July 2017
Length of Contract: 8 Weeks, 30 hrs/wk
Pay Rate: $13.50/hr
- Assist in the delivery of the Love Your Lake shoreline stewardship program.
- Conduct field work to collect shoreline data and create property reports based on the data.
- Promote good stewardship practices to lake residents at community events.
- Support other project components and staff as assigned by the Project Coordinator.
- Some post-secondary education in a relevant field, such as ecology, environmental science, biology, botany, or related field.
- Hands-on stewardship experience; ability to identify flora and fauna an asset
- Ability to work safely as a team and independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent judgment and decision making skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Appreciation of the environment and out-of-doors work
- Some computer skills including familiarity with GPS and GIS
- Basic project administration and organizational skills
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Possess a Pleasure Craft Operator Card
- Experience operating a boat with an outboard motor
- First-aid/CPR certification an asset
- Some local travel, evening and weekend work may be required
- This job is partially funded through the Canada Summer Jobs program. Applicants must be full-time students between the ages of 18 and 30 and returning to school in the fall.
How to Apply
Submit your resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00 pm, Monday, June 12, 2017.
For more information on the ”Love Your Lake” Program please visit www.loveyourlake.ca.