Best Practices Brochure
This brochure, produced in association with the Parry Sound-Muskoka Stewardship Network and the Haliburton Highlands Stewardship Council, answers the most common questions landowners have about managing their woodlot, including why they should manage, how to get started, hiring a consultant, developing a forest management plan for MFTIP, and landowner rights and responsibilities.
Visit the following websites for more information on managing your woodlot sustainably:
- Landowner Resource Centre – Extension Notes
- Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry – Ontario’s Forests
- Westwind Forest Stewardship Inc.
- Haliburton County Forest Conservation By-Law
- Ontario Woodlot Association
- Forests Ontario
- Managed Forest Tax Incentive Program
- Conservation Land Tax Incentive Program