The Communications Committee is comprised of members of the Muskoka Watershed Council as well as interested members of the general public.
Contact us if you would like to become a member of the Communications Committee.
The Communications Committee of the Muskoka Watershed Council will:
- Develop and deliver information, knowledge and insights that the Council wants to share with a range of audiences
- Identify or develop programs or materials for Muskoka schools that are consistent with Ministry of Education guidelines and will contribute to students’ and teachers’ understanding of watersheds
- Communicate ideas and information related to watershed sustainability and health to a variety of audiences
- Develop messages and identify the best vehicles to convey those messages to targeted audiences
- Identify the best vehicles to promote and raise awareness of the positions taken by the Council
- Head up task forces for promotion of specific issues and public awareness initiatives
Activites spearheaded by the Communications Committee include:
- Articles in local newspapers
- Media releases to local media
- Social Media account maintenance
- Watershed Health Blog postings
- Development of the MWC newsletter ‘Downstream‘
- Development of Best Practices publications
- Development of resource materials
Upcoming meetings are posted in the MWC calendar.
Please contact us to receive a copy of the agenda.